Thursday

Brekkie Omelette Wrap



Breakfast has always been a difficult meal for me. I love it but don't generally like cow products such as milk and yoghurt due to the pasteurisation/homogenisation process used in those products. I do, however, absolutely love goats cheese fetta.

The fetta, sweet omelette, creamy avocado and crunchy spinach inside the wrap is my idea of a perfect brekkie for the weekend, or even a weekday when I have time.

Although I usually like my eggs runny to get all of the possible goodness out of the egg (particularly the yolk), I know some people who don't, which is why this is such a versatile recipe - I can't think of anyone who wouldn't like it.

I have put the ingredients for one person below. Feel free to double, triple or quadruple if you are making breakfast for more than just yourself.

The original idea for this wrap is from Janella Purcell.


What you need to serve one lucky person:
  • One egg
  • 1/2 tsp agave nectar, honey, raw sugar or other sweetener
  • Handful of baby spinach leaves
  • Small handful goats cheese feta, crumbled
  • 1/2 an avocado
  • 1 wrap (I used wheat/rye)
  • 1/2 tsp extra-virgin  cold pressed organic coconut oil
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp water
How to make it:
  • Prepare the wraps by mashing and spreading the avocado over the wrap bread.
  • Crack the egg into a cup and add the sweetener, salt and water, stir with a fork until combined.
  • Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the coconut oil.
  • Once the oil has heated up add the egg and swirl it around the pan until you have an omelette.
  • Take the pan off the heat just before the omelette has completely cooked.
  • Slide the omelette onto the wrap bread, followed by the fetta and spinach.
  • Fold one side of the wrap over 1/3 of the way, fold the bottom up and then continue to roll until you have a wrap which stays together (this can take some practice and may be more difficult if you have small wrap bread).
  • Enjoy while it's warm!



Make it naughty: add a thin layer of bacon or ham to the wrap when adding the omelette.

Variation: use any other kind of fetta instead of goat's cheese fetta.






0 comments: